Foundation “Malopolska Chamber of Local Government” (acronym: MIS Foundation) is a non-governmental organization, established in April 2015. The Foundation’s aim is to represent the interests of local government in Poland, propagate the idea of self-governance and civil society, running debate on the future of local government, civil society and public administration, as well as professionalization of management in local government.
The founders of the Foundation is a team of Professors of two universities in Krakow (Jagiellonian University and Cracov University of Economics) – eminent experts in the fields of economics, law and management
Founders Council consists of:
- prof. Ph.D. Mirosław Stec – Professor of law. Head of the Department of Local Government at the Faculty of Law and Administration at the Jagiellonian University.
- prof. Ph.D. Grażyna Prawelska – Skrzypek – Professor of humanities in the discipline of management science. Head of Department of Management Methods and Techniques in Public Sector at the Jagiellonian University, Director of the Education of Public Service and Administration Center at the Jagiellonian University.
- prof. Ph.D. Krzysztof Surówka – Professor of economics and public finance. Vice-Rector for Education and Student Affairs, Senior of the Faculty of Finance at the Cracov University of Economics. Lecturer at Jagiellonian University Medical College. Member of the College of the Regional Audit Chamber in Cracow
The main objectives of the Foundation are:
- supporting activities of public administration and local government
- conducting and supporting activities for the entrepreneurship development, including supporting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises
- supporting activities of non-governmental organizations
- activities aimed at improving professional skills of employees, public organizations, NGOs and businesses
- conducting and supporting measures for the development of social and civil dialogue as a tool for building a civil society
- supporting the implementation of public policies at different levels and areas
- supporting citizen and self-government initiatives
- supporting cross-sectoral cooperation
- supporting regional development
- supporting the development of the labor market
- encouraging innovation, particularly for economic development
- economic development
- dissemination of new technologies
- counteraction of digital exclusion
The main areas of the Foundation activity:
- local government
- strategic management
- professionalization of public administration, particularly local government
- entrepreneurship and development of small and medium-sized enterprises
- civil society
- social policy, including education, culture, social economy
The Foundation activities is realized through:
- the Chamber Committees: Management, Law, Public Finance
- Education, including: seminars, training courses, conferences
- Consulting and advisory services
- Research and analysis
MIS Foundation carries out its activities in a formula Science -Practice. It is a kind of catalyst for cooperation between the worlds of practice and learning. The Foundation runs a kind of „laboratory future of local government in Poland”.
Foundation “Malopolska Chamber of Local Government” is entered in the Register of Training Institutions (No 2.12/00153/2015) and in the Register of Employment Agencies KRAZ (No 12434).